Thursday, December 23, 2010

why am I doing this...


Why am I doing this... I'm not even sure if I am asking myself or if this is a statement...

Back in my grade school years I have always loved geography, Philippine history or anything that has something to do with looking or researching for places other than my hometown, creating a dream that someday I will be taking adventures and will be exploring and traveling those places, meeting and being with the locals... 

Then came my college years, I decided to choose a course that will somehow help me to meet these people, but life was tough at that time (even until now btw) chances of taking adventures were very slim. It's a good thing that my college course includes exposure trips to different sectors of society giving me the chance to explore once a year and to appreciate life, interact with communities, learn about their culture and to be thankful of what I have, again telling myself that someday I will be appreciating not only life but other things that god has given us...

T
hen I started to work, with the responsibilities I have on my shoulders, the childhood dream of adventure, travel and interaction was far from my top 5 priorities (it did not even qualify on my top 10 list). The best I can do then was to research the net, come up with budget-friendly itineraries and dream that time will come it will all materialize...

Few weeks ago while surfing the net I came across this lakwatsera de primera and started reading her blogs, I was so inspired that I was able to finish reading all of her blogs in a couple of days! I can relate well to this former self-confessed homebody, it's as if she's describing me before she started all of her adventures... I LOVE her stories, it was very informative, the type that does not brag about the places she's been and truly helpful especially if you will be on a budget... that's when I decided to research again and come up with those budget-friendly itineraries...

Maybe that's the reason why I am doing this, couple of years to go and my age will not be anymore on the calendar! Those childhood dreams will forever be childhood dreams if I will not do anything about it. Just like what lakwatsera told me, 'it's never too late to fulfill our dreams'... I could also be of help to others or to even inspire them as well to live their dreams… with the right attitude, determination and smart decisions, these dreams might be fulfilled, who knows :)

Now I think I know why I am doing this...

3 comments:

lakwatsera de primera said...

hahaha, pasensya na, ako pala pasimuno ng pagiging layas mo na rin, baka magalit sa akin parents mo :) Good luck to everything you are planning to achieve sis, you already have the desire, you started acting on it, soon you will be ticking them off your list one by one. Ingat sa mga adventures lagi. God Bless!

nina said...

It looks like you're on the right track ;) Just keep your determination and the will to travel, and you'll be blessed with the opportunities to go to places you've always dreamed of :)

journeyingjames said...

just follow your dreams,
i know someday you will be able to travel the whole pinas one step at a time.
will be following your adventures mercia :)