Sunday, June 5, 2011

jayjay's tong yang bday

One thing that we promised ourselves at the start of the year was to try and enjoy new things, go to new places that we've never been to and places we've never eaten at yet.
We cannot afford to go out anytime we want and eat out at our palate's desire and only during special occasions that we have reasons to eat out and jayjay's bday was one of them. I initially planned to go on a buffet lunch and invited my sister and her husband to join us. It's always nice and enjoyable to eat with a big group and with big appetite, not unless you both prefer to dine out in a romantic setting. I told my sister about our plan and she suggested that we try tong yang at Megamall, they offer shabu-shabu and grill during lunch time for only P399 per pax. I immediately agreed as jayjay and I have never tried shabu shabu yet. We meet them in Megamall and their youngest daughter was with them. I was so happy to see her because it has been awhile since the last time I saw her.



my utol and my niece
It was lunch time and we were asked to wait, the server told us that it might take us 30 minutes to an hour before we could be sitted. Fortunately after 20 minutes we were asked to come in. They do not allow guests to take pictures of the table where the food were placed and kindly bear with my few pictures (gutom na kasi e at ang kulit ni chowder).

They have a variety of dishes that you can choose from. From almost all kinds of fish to different types of meat. There were also good number and variety of seafoods, noodles, wantons and sodas. They also have the usual halo halo and ice cream for dessert and also serves coffee.
sim: "ate dumayo ka pa ng shabu shabu para sa hotdog ah" me: "oo nga noh, favorite e"


My niece enjoyed the sausage and 1 glass of iced tea and only take 1 spoonful of ice cream. I was surprised to know that it was already P200. She's only 2 years old and as long a the child will eat anything even a biteful only it will already be charged for P200. They have an accomodating and patient staff as my niece keeps on turning on and off our grill. Also not bad for P399. Except that you will smell like shabu shabu after eating haha! Overall it was a sumptuos meal (para sakin ha, first time e hehe). And most importantly jayjay enjoyed it with us.
happy bday jayjay!!!

3 comments:

Jazzy Jaz said...

Naks ang sweet naman! :)

Chyng said...

may araw din sakin yang Tong Yang na yan.. hehe =)

omane said...

Plan an exciting holiday with the best Cruise in india that offers world class accommodation, onboard dinning, entertainment & more. Bookings open!